Spirit or Human?

In the post, The Basics: Building your Base through Spirituality – My Story, I mentioned how I enjoy spending the quiet time when I first wake up, before anyone else at home wakes up, just thinking and reflecting on life. When is your quiet thinking time? Maybe that time doesn’t Read More

Recipe – Sweet and Hot Baked Salmon

Ingredients: – 1 Pound of salmon (thawed or fresh) – ¼ – ½ of a small onion thinly sliced Marinade: – 1 cup of orange juice – 2 Tbsp. of soy sauce (6-7 shakes from the bottle) – 2-3 Tbsp. brown sugar – 1 Tbsp. crushed red pepper (optional) – Read More

An Introduction to Intangible You

This Section, Intangible You, is about spirituality. It is important to have a strong spiritual base. Your spirituality is like the roots on a tree. It keeps you grounded, and allows you to flourish and grow. This is what defines you as a person. Your spirituality dictates how you interact Read More

The Basics: Building Your Base with an Active Lifestyle, Good Nutrition, and Preventative Care Part IV

Water. What about water?! Well of course water is important! Your body is over 50% water (ranges are from 50-75% on average). You can barely live for 3 days without water, especially if you are me, the perpetually dehydrated. I carry around a 24 ounce water bottle all day. Almost Read More

The Basics: Building Your Base with an Active Lifestyle, Good Nutrition, and Preventative Care Part III

Do you know about the 80/20 rule? Well, as far as nutrition goes, it is recommended that healthy eating occur a minimum of 80% of the time, leaving leeway 20% of the time. I have also heard that when it comes to changing your body, 80% of your weight management Read More

Tight Abs and Butt Workout

Workout 3: Tight Abs and Butt Workout Prepare to work the entire body with this interval workout. Beginners, start off with 30:15 second intervals. Intermediate exercisers, try 45:15 second intervals. Advanced exercisers, try 50:10 second intervals. I would start off with just 2 rounds of the workout and make a goal of performing Read More

The Basics: Building your Base through Spirituality

My Story It is early in the morning. I awaken, and I have just a few moments of quiet thinking time. I am not caught up by the stresses of my day. I am simply thinking. What do I think about? I find these times to be the best opportunity Read More

Snack – Edamame (Soy Beans)

Snack – Edamame (Soy Beans) Ingredients: Frozen edamame (as much as is desired) Kosher salt Garlic Powder Olive Oil (optional) Preparation: Place edamame into a microwaveable bowl. Add salt and garlic powder as desired (these are also optional). Place a plate over the mouth of bowl to seal the opening. Read More

Recipe – Pan Seared Steak, Pork Chops, Lamb Chops with Toppings

Servings: 1-4 Ingredients: 1-4 cuts of the meat salt and pepper to taste 2-3 tbsp. grapeseed oil or vegetable oil 1 cup of water Additional herbs and spices (add as desired based on your taste, or the theme of your meal): Dried onions Garlic powder Add-ons to top meat: Red Read More

Recipe – Simple Pan Grilled Chicken Breasts

Recipe – Simple Pan Grilled Chicken Breasts Serving size: 1-4 chicken breasts Ingredients: 1-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts ¼ cup or less of diced onions, or desired amount of dried onions ¼ cup or less of minced garlic, or desired amount of garlic powder A few sprinkles of paprika on Read More